Swedish business accounts

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Mar 20 19:14:03 EDT 2016

> On Mar 17, 2016, at 11:04 AM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 17, 2016, at 10:59 AM, Per Johansson <per at johansson.name> wrote:
>>
>> On 2016-03-17 18:00, gnucash-user-request at gnucash.org wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the help. I do know how to edit the account names etc. I just
>>> wanted Gnucash to use the Swedish business accounts since it has support
>>> for them.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bo
>>>

>> I have the inverse problem. I always get the Swedish BAS account plans (sv_SE) although I wanted the Finland Swedish (sv_FI or sv_AX). I am on OS X.
>>
>> Bo, get a Mac and you are OK :-)
>

> The underlying problem is that the function which gets the account tree locale is totally screwed up. I'm in the middle of another bug right now (along with a couple of other minor crises having nothing to do with GnuCash) but I intend to rewrite it for the next release.

Geert and I talked about it on IRC and we'd really like to separate the account tree selection from the user's locale setting so that a user can start with accounts for any locale. That will take a bit of redesign and a bit of thought, so I'll defer that for the next major release. In that light, I worked around the behavior on Mac and Windows that caused the wrong tree selection (though if you're an Åland Islander using Windows you need to set LANG=Swedish_Finland; Microsoft doesn't have an equivalent to sv_AX).

Regards,
John Ralls