Account Code fields in reports and editing TXF categories

nat courtens at poweryourpoint.com
Mon Mar 28 11:50:59 EDT 2016

I would like to see a GUI type way to edit the TXF categories.

Unfortunately this is not possible. Because of this I gave up the idea of
using the internal Tax Return function within guncash to produces this
report.

So I started miss-using the Account Code fields to hold that parsing I would
like to do. Now I discovered that the report generating UI is limiting the
use of fields for Account Code in the report setup options. I tried to
manually edit the saved-reports-2.4 file, but without success.

This is where I am stuck.

What I would like to be able to get is a "year 2015 report" throughout all
accounts, sorted by Account Code sub grouped (sorted) by accounts, and
suppressing every entry (so having totals only.) This should be easy to
query. But somehow it is not possible to get it!

Thank for any suggestions on how to best do this.