How to accommodate my own house construction costs in gnucash accounts?

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 08:43:35 EDT 2016

On 30 March 2016 at 13:00, Yaaros <vinod.vadakut at outlook.com> wrote:
> Thanks Colin!
>
> Since the House is going to be my fixed asset, I just want to get the same
> reflected in Assets group also...I'm not sure if its the right way...so,
> please advise

Please quote the previous message when replying, this is a mailing
list not a forum (though you may be accessing it via a forum-like
interface).  Thanks

You did not say that.  Start an Asset account called House, or
whatever, and presumably start by transferring the value of the land
into it.  One way to handle it would then be to transfer money out of
the top level Expenses:house into that asset account as you think the
value accumulates.  Then the total of Expenses:house with all
subaccounts would reflect the net cost of building it.  I expect there
are other ways you handle it also.

Colin