Unable to convert gnucash to mysql after upgrading to 16.04

Abdd andrea.beddoni at gmail.com
Sun May 1 07:00:35 EDT 2016

I am a long time gnucash user and after upgrading to ubuntu 16.04 I found
myself with a problem when trying to convert the xml version of the database
to the mysql version.

I have originally set up the process of transforming the xml gnucash
database into a mysql database following the steps highlighted in  Online
Budget with Gnucash + MySQL + SSH
<http://linuxaria.com/howto/online-budget-with-gnucash-mysql-ssh>   or many
other similar posts.

The process has been working seamlessly for a while but after upgrading to
16.04 from 15.10 it stopped working. In particular now when I try to save to
the mysql version I am asked for the Keyring password. After providing the
password and hitting save I receive the following message `The server at URL
mysql://gnucash@localhost/gnucash experienced an error or encountered bad or
corrupt data.` I have also tried to repeat the process creating a test
database from a new gnucash xml file but with the same result.

I have been unable to diagnose the problem or find a suitable solution
posted somewhere else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Andreas