Refunds and cash flow reports.

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Sun May 1 12:11:03 EDT 2016

On 4/30/2016 5:48 PM, Wes Metz wrote:
> I believe the Cash Flow report is supposed to display each and every cash
> movement. The Expenses:Accommodations and Credit Card accounts will net to
> zero after both Airbnb transactions are posted
> .
> If you run a Profit & Loss report that spans the time frame of the two
> transactions, they will net to zero. Click on the Expenses:Accommodations
> account on the Profit & Loss report, you will see both transactions.
That's the point. That's WHY you might need to run a "cash flow" report.

Understand? You might have been all right for the time period in an
overall sense, but somewhere in the middle your checks began to bounce
for insufficient funds. Or a credit card limit exceeded, etc.

It is possible to be fine in the long run in terms of profitability but
have a cash flow crisis. It is possible to be OK in terms of available
cash in the short term but face a dire situation in terms of growing
losses.

Michael D Novack