Unable to convert gnucash to mysql after upgrading to 16.04

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon May 2 04:25:56 EDT 2016

On 1 May 2016 at 12:00, Abdd <andrea.beddoni at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a long time gnucash user and after upgrading to ubuntu 16.04 I found
> myself with a problem when trying to convert the xml version of the database
> to the mysql version.

For completeness, the workaround is to add to the [mysqld] section of
/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf the line
sql_mode = ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

Note this is a single line.  Then restart the server
sudo systemctl restart mysql

Colin