How do TURN OFF: double clicking transaction DURING RECONCILE goes to split ledger

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon May 2 09:03:29 EDT 2016

Ed,

On Mon, May 2, 2016 8:14 am, ed65love wrote:

>> I don't see that, when I double click in the reconcile window it does
>> not show a split register, it shows it in single line mode.  This is
>> using gnucash 2.6.12 on Ubuntu.  What version are you using and on
>> which OS?
>>
>> If you double click in the reconcile window, and then on the register
>> click the Split button in the toolbar what happens?
>
> Ok, this is weird. I'm using 2.6.11 under Windows 8.1
>
> When I reconcile one account, it shows single line mode, but when I
> reconcile a different account, it shows split ledger mode.
>
> I can't tell what the difference between the two accounts is.
>
> I've tried double clicking on debits and credits, and they behave the
> same way.
>
> This is seriously confusing!

My initial guess is that you have the different accounts configured to
display differently.  Most likely, at some point, you configured one
account to display in Basic Ledger mode and the other account to display
in Split Ledger mode.

If you reconfigure the account back to Basic then when you double-click it
should open in that way.

> 	Ed

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745