Sample GNUCash DB

Wm tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Thu May 5 20:10:03 EDT 2016

In article <572ABC68.7050606 at keywild.com>
Lewis Balentine <lewis at keywild.com> wrote:

> Is there a populated sample db that can be downloaded with enough
> information in it to be useful for testing?

I have a few dozen (and growing) small files, some containing only
one transaction, that I use for testing specific things.

A recent e.g. was a GnuCash worked example of T-account
transactions from an accounting text book of a job costing
manufacturing accounting system ... probably not what you are after
:)

For things that need a bigger chunk of data I use my own or
nonprofit's that I have access to.  I don't need to test very large
data sets and GnuCash doesn't do them well anyway.

So the question is, what do you want to test?  There is no point in
a db with a whole load of business transactions if you're
interested in 25 year mortgage repayments tails.

I'd suggest you say what you want to test first and then see if
someone volunteers a suitable set of data, or you can try my way
and build one for each case, with GnuCash I find other data just
gets in the way.

--
Wm