Linux, Enable SQLite in GNUcash

Lewis Balentine lewis at keywild.com
Fri May 6 07:54:08 EDT 2016

I was pleasantly surprised when I found that the SQLite data format was
available in the Windows GNUCash installation along with the SQLite
command line utility. SO I just installed GNUCash on Linux Mint (X64
Mate Desktop). I opened a sample XML data base. Then I went to save it
as an SQLite DB ... ah it seems XML is the only choice?????

Now I know that I have several SQLite drivers and libraries installed
but obviously not the required one.
A search of the internet revealed that "libdbi-dbd-sqlite" might need to
be installed...
reference (22 Jan 2013):
http://robertbasic.com/blog/gnucash-4-2-with-sqlite3-on-gnu-linux/

sudo apt-get install libdbi-dbd-sqlite
E: Unable to locate package libdbi-dbd-sqlite

Hello, what am I missing ????