Newbie - retired and receiving pension

Elmar Schmeisser eschmeisser at nc.rr.com
Fri May 6 08:21:19 EDT 2016

Just starting out with gnucash after quicken "died" on its usual death
date, and I got fed up with that.  I am slowly getting the idea of
double entry bookkeeping, so that's a plus, I think.  My situation (USA
residents) - we (wife and I) have 2 paychecks (W-2 produced), and 2
pensions (1099-R produced), and will have Social Security coming in by
the end of this year.  Where do the pensions go?  As a "paycheck" under
"salary" like the other 2?  They would be splits (fed tax, etc. taken
out). - Elmar