1 payment, two jobs - job report error

Godaddy Personal dave at davegillam.org
Fri May 6 08:34:30 EDT 2016

Perhaps I do it incorrectly, but when I get one payment that covers two invoices, I pay the first and make the amount just the total of the invoice.  I do the same for the second invoice.  I use the memo field to explain the situation.  Both payments reflect the same payment number (check #) and other payment details.  This way, the full amount of the payment is recorded, with no phantom overage, and both invoices are properly paid.

Example:

Invoice 1 = $15.00
Invoice 2 = $23.00
Payment A = $38.00

Pay Invoice 1 = Check A, Amount $15.00, Memo = "Total Amount $38.00, for invoices 1 & 2"
Pay Invoice 2 = Check A, Amount $23.00, Memo = "Total Amount $38.00, for invoices 1 & 2"

Dave Gillam
dave at davegillam.org