Customer-Vendor Reports via SQLite

Lewis Balentine lewis at keywild.com
Mon May 9 07:47:43 EDT 2016

Last week a user inquired how to run a report of the Customers and Vendors.
I had asked the same question a few days prior.

My solution was simple because I use the SQLite3 data format and I am
familiar with the SQL syntax.
I have tried to document the process I used and how it can be used with
the other data formats.
There are three basic steps:

1) Get the data into a SQLite3 data file (even if it is only a temporary
copy)
2) Extract the relative data to a CSV file
3) Open the CSV file in a spreadsheet and massage as needed

Note:
This document and the associated files are the exclusive work product of
the author without any connection,
obligations or legal encumbrances to any other entity. This document and
the associated files are placed into
the PUBLIC DOMAIN by the author Lewis Balentine on 9 May 2016.

The PDF Document 'GNUCashSQLiteReports.pdf' give ful instructions on how
to copy the db from GNUCash to SQLite under either Windows or Linux. It
also contains a mini introduction to extracting data from the data base
via SQLite3. The ZIP archive contains a sample database as well as all
the OS and SQL scripts to run the reports.

I have uploaded the files to the following URLs:

http://www.keywild.com/DL/GNUCashSQLiteReports.pdf  (948 KBytes)
http://www.keywild.com/DL/GNUCashSqliteReports.zip   (902 KBytes)

The ZIP archive file should contain:
A sample GNUCash db in XLM data format with errors (because that is the
default format).
A sample GNUCash db in SQLite data format without errors.
Windows command script files: RptCustomers*.cmd
Linux shell script files: RptCustomers*.sh
SQLite script files: RptCustomers*.sql
CSV data files: RptCustomers*.csv
A spread sheet with the imported data in XLS file. There are several
tabs for various reports.
A set of RptVendor script files
A set of CleanData script files
A 'test.sh' Linux bash script file (has example of pause function
definition)

Is there a more appropriate location where they should be uploaded ?

Regards,

Lewis Balentine
Huston, Texas