customer payments graph

Tatar Kolos kolos at tatar.hu
Mon May 9 09:43:54 EDT 2016

Hi Michael,

> [..]
>
> Before discussing HOW you would do this, might be well to spend more time
> thinking about whether this would, in fact, show you what you think it would,
> or would instead, be misleading. Or take a lot more thought how you might
> make it not be misleading.

Thanks for getting back to my question with with so much detail. I
really appreciate it.

Let me provide a bit more context to my question.

I'm overseeing the finances of an apartment block where individual flat
owners need to pay a set amount every month to contribute towards common
outgoings (utilities, property management etc.).

I have been able to make great use of GnuCash business features to make
sense of the chaos on the common bank account.

On the 1st day of every month I create a new invoice for every flat with a
due date for the end of the month and when some payment comes in, I assign
it to the individual flat. I have set up a "customer" for every flat.

The above setup works great, but the problem is that we're having
cash-flow problems and I can only get GnuCash to show the sum of issued
invoices as "income", but not the actual payments. I'd like to see somehow
how we have planned income and how money has actually been coming in. I
know I can see these numbers on the customer overview page, but I'd love
to see it in a chart. I'm interested in plotting information going back
for about a year.

I know I'll need to take the section of the chart for the last month with
a pinch of salt.

I hope the above clarifies what I'm trying to achieve here.

Any suggestions on how to plot this information?

Thanks,

Kolos