How to Process Payment after import of bank transactions

John hoppejrjr at gmail.com
Fri May 13 13:20:17 EDT 2016

This is the answer I was after! Thank you so much.

When in the register view of the bank account
either:
- highlight the transaction and go to Edit > Assign as payment...
or:
- highlight the transaction and right-hand click for pop-up menu (OS
Windows) > last option listed is Assign as payment...

Depending on whether the highlighted transaction is a payment or receipt
will depend on whether you can select a Vendor or Customer.

This is not included in the Help > Tutorial and Concepts Guide, but is noted
in the Help > Contents > Account Register/General Journal page
Go down to Account Register - Edit Menu , Table 4.12. Account Register -
Edit Menu - Access to file and account editing operations and preferences.

Note this means a clearing account is not required, for assigning payments /
receipts, as previously suggested as a work around.

Many thanks,
John