Privately Held Stocks

Brian Bersbach bersbachbrian at gmail.com
Wed May 18 14:20:13 EDT 2016

There was a post in 2007 that comes up first on Google for Privately Held
Stocks (or searching for Private Stocks)

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2007-June/020793.html

I wanted to 'reply' to that.  More for others searching for help with
GNUcash using google.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have a stock, private or not, that is
not traded on one of the markets listed by GNUcash you can add it by using
the security editor

https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-help/tool-security-edit.html

Basically , click on 'Tools' up at the top, then 'Security Editor', then
click 'Add' to put in non-NYSE, NASDAQ, etc exchanges.

If it's a private stock, I typed in:

Full Name: 'My private stock company name'
Symbol/abbreviation: 'None My private stock company name'
Type:  'Private Stock' (yes you can type in here - just do not type '
*Template')*

You need to have the Symbol/abbreviation filled out to click 'Ok'

Brian Bersbach