MySQL vs XML: pros & cons?

Klaus Dahlke kdahlke at gmx.de
Thu May 19 16:51:06 EDT 2016

Hi Don,
my main reason for opting for the Postgresql is easier reprting. I access the database stricly in read-only mode and have written a ruby on rails application according to my needs.

I played once with soffice/libreoffice and used the gnucash SQL database as database.

And as mentioned by others: I'd like the storage ina sql database more than in compressed xml file.

Cheers,
Klaus