GnuCash.

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Fri May 20 18:11:51 EDT 2016

On 5/20/2016 2:23 PM, Alex Aycinena wrote:
> On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 3:25 AM, Steve Cross <stevecross66 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there I have recently purchased, GnuCash , but have limited accountancy
>> skills. Can you help?
>>
>> Kind regards Steve Cross
>>
> I am sorry you purchased Gnucash since it is open-source software and
> totally free. You can get it at www.gnucash.org.

We might want to ask what he means by "purchased". The whole world
doesn't have easy access to broadband. I don't have broadband available
from home, but nowadays I have a portable machine so can load it into
the car and drive to some more populated area where I can get easy
access to a broadband connection. But when we just had a desktop, I
often "bought" free software in the sense that there are services which
will download software, burn it to CD or DVD, and mail it to you. That
didn't man I was paying for the software, just the service.

There also used to be projects that would put together a CD or DVD for a
collection of useful (and vouched for) free software applications
and"sell" this bundle for the nominal cost to cover duplication and
postage. That again is allowed and as a matter of fact, how I got my
first version of gnucash way back when.

Michael D. Novack