Bug?

Dustin Henning The00Dustin at gmx.com
Wed May 25 12:57:39 EDT 2016

The "Create Folder" button may be a bug, but the behavior you initially
described is definitely normal for GnuCash.  I'm not sure where this
"moving everything" problem is rooted, though.  I thought you indicated
that you have been deleting these extraneous files as you go.  In that
case, "everything" is just the one .gnucash file.  Once you move it and
open it from the new location, all other files should be created in that
new location and the problem should not recur.  Even if you hadn't been
deleting all of the files as you go, moving them all doesn't have to be
done individually.  They can be multi-selected and moved together.  One
method of multi-select that I believe works on Mac PCs the same as other
PC platforms is referred to as lassoing, you click blank space on the
desktop and drag to create a square "lasso" that highlights everything
it surrounds.  Other standard PC methods are Shift+Click which will
highlight everything "between" a currently selected item and the clicked
item and Ctrl+Click which will individually select each additional item
clicked while Ctrl is held.  Mac PCs have a similar function, but it may
not use the same keys (for instance, you may have to test with Command
or Alt).  Regardless, it's arguably a one-time exercise that is only
necessary because you didn't know how to use the software.  One might
argue documentation should be improved here, for instance, when I first
started using GnuCash I wasn't aware of this and had to move
"everything" it created from one documents folder to a segregated
subfolder, but I couldn't swear that I read a lot of documentation
before having that experience to begin with.