Weird Problem

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed May 25 20:31:51 EDT 2016

> On May 25, 2016, at 2:26 PM, Les <lelliott5 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yesterday, I purchased a stock listed on the TSX and priced in CAD.  I
> had previously owned this stock but sold it about a year ago.  It was
> listed in the security editor under user.  I edited the account to TSX
> and made the following transaction:  300 sh @C$ 1.45 for C$ 435.00 plus
> C$ 2.18 commission for a total purchase price of C$437.18.  All well and
> good.  EXCEPT:
>
> On the accounts page the stock shows total USD as $2316.00. It should
> show around $331.00.  I have several stocks listed under TSX with no
> problem.  I am at a total loss as to how this is possible.
>
> I am running GC on both Mac OS (latest ver.) and Linux MInt 17.3 and
> both versions of GC are the latest.
>
> Both display the exact same problem.

What prices show in the price database for the stock in question? You should check for prices under CURRENCY>USD, CURRENCY>CAD, and user>whatever as well as TSX>whatever to be sure of finding them all.

When you owned the stock before did you trade it on the TSX or did you really have US ADRs?

Regards,
John Ralls