Fw: importing QIF

david.carlson.417@gmail.com david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 12:02:42 EDT 2016

Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet

------ Original message------From: david.carlson.417 at gmail.com Date: Sat, May 28, 2016 10:37 AMTo: user at gnucash.org;Subject:Fw: importing QIF
    Continuing...  Tablet doesn't like me
That was supposed to be new account wizard...  Start little with a few accounts.  As Maf stated when you import GnuCash will allow new accounts to be created or allow matching to existing accounts.  The latter comes in handy to improve details like spelling too.
David C
Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet
------ Original message------From: david.carlson.417 at gmail.com Date: Sat, May 28, 2016 10:25 AMTo: maf at chilwell.net;gnucash-user at gnucash.org;paul at kinzelman.com;Subject:Re: importing QIF
    Paul,
Try starting with the need account wizard in a new data file to Create a chart of accounts similar To what you had in QuickenSent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet
------ Original message------From: Maf. KingDate: Sat, May 28, 2016 2:18 AMTo: gnucash-user at gnucash.org;paul at kinzelman.com;Subject:Re: importing QIF
Hi Paul,If the importer creates the account House, and you want it to be Expenses:House in GC, then from the "Chart of Accounts" view, you can easily move accounts around in the tree.  Just right click on the account you wish to move, and then hit "Edit Account" from the pop-up menu.  Towards the bottom of that dialogue box, you can set the Type to Expense and set Parent to whatever you want.HTH,Maf.On Friday, 27 May 2016 18:11:59 BST Paul Kinzelman wrote:> I'm trying to import a large QIF file from my Quicken, and one> inconvenient thing> is that GnuCash does not recognize many accounts as being expense accounts> because it does not group them under the parent account 'Expenses'.> > For instance, my Quicken categories 'House:Garden' and 'House:Household' are> both recognized as subaccounts under 'House' in Gnucash, but neither are> put under the parent 'Expenses' as is suggested in the setup. I've looked> at the> QIF file, but it's not obvious to me how to put a Category under a parent by> direct editing the QIF file.> > Can anybody suggest a way to put the 'House' Category> in Quicken under a (new) parent account 'Expenses' in GnuCash? I figured> that> editing the QIF file might be easier than all the mouse clicks necessary to> do this to all my Quicken expense categories when imported into GnuCash.> TIA!> > _______________________________________________> gnucash-user mailing list> gnucash-user at gnucash.org> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user> -----> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All._______________________________________________gnucash-user mailing listgnucash-user at gnucash.orghttps://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user-----Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.