Seg fault while writing file

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat May 28 21:10:06 EDT 2016

> On May 28, 2016, at 1:59 PM, John David Ravenscroft <j.ravenscroft at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks John.
>
>  I have a much larger stack trace this time. The end of the trace file looks like it dies somewhere between counting gncEntry objects and gncInvoice objects. Earlier on in using gnuCash, I manually removed some invoices I'd created while trying to get gnucash to calculate tax on a gross amount (for a specific scheme in the UK). I gave up on that and removed the test invoices from the file. Might That have caused this, later down the line?

gnc-entry-xml-v2.c line 172 is calling qof_instance_get_guid(taxtable), and that in turn calls QOF_IS_INSTANCE, a macro that masquerades g_type_check(). The intermediate steps are no doubt optimized away. The segfault suggests that the GType structure in the passed-in GTaxTable is corrupt.

When you say "manually removed", what does that mean? That you edited your .gnucash file?

Regards,
John Ralls