Red line on OFX input

A.J. Bonnema gbonnema at xs4all.nl
Sun May 29 03:55:07 EDT 2016

On 05/28/2016 06:12 PM, Alton Brantley wrote:
> Just a heads up on this. CHECK THE DATE OF THE MATCH! If you have recurring transactions, then it’s possible that this is matching to a previously cleared transaction and will not be added to the import. These can sometimes be hard to track down!
Thanks for the advice. However, these transactions are not on recurring
base at all. The example I gave was just getting groceries. Nothing
recurring about the amount. And I am also sure date+amount do not
occur.  So to me this is a mystery: why does gnucash insist on redlining
certain transactions without traceable cause?Is it possible to find out
what the criteria are?

My post also clearly states that I have by definition a lot of
duplicates. For instance, yesterday (28th of May) I imported all
transactions from 1st of January until 27th of May. I did the same on
the 14th of May : these included all transactions from 1st of January to
13th of May. So by definition, all transactions from 1st of January to
13th of May are duplicates.

These duplicates *are not* the red lined transactions.

Only among the new transactions -- in this case from the 14th of May --
do red lines occur. Duplicates is not the issue: it's not a duplicate!
But what is the issue? What makes gnucash decide it should not process a
transaction?

If not duplication, what else could it be?

The flip side is ofcourse, could gnucash give an indication of what is
wrong, additional to the red line?

Kind regards, Guus Bonnema.