Ability to reconcile a cash account, changed?

Steve butterandsalt at gmail.com
Mon May 30 18:32:14 EDT 2016

So I'm using Windows 10, GnuCash 2.6.11.

Since Adam & Eve (ok, perhaps a slight exaggeration), I have been
reconciling my cash account, periodically, by simply bringing up the
account, and hitting the "Reconcile" button on the menu that goes across the
screen above the tabs that list the various accounts.  I haven't done it in
several months.  Today I see that the "Reconcile" button is greyed out (or
is that grayed?).  It is not greyed out on any of my other accounts.  Was
there a change that no longer permits a cash account to be reconciled, or am
I being introduced to early dementia and just don't recall how I've gone
about it in the past?  If I click on Actions, the reconcile option also
appears greyed out there.  As indicated this only affects my cash account,
none of my other accounts are impacted, and indeed I can reconcile them just
fine.

Thanks.  Why do I feel someone is going to point out a very simple
explanation, and I promise I'll be gracious (hitting my head on the wall
after I've logged off the forum).