Budget advise - DIY or use the built-in?

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Tue May 31 20:50:07 EDT 2016

Thanks Aaron,

The issue (for me) would be that my assets include various accounts.
Let's say I have a savings account with Bank A and a fixed deposit
with Bank B. If I'm saving up 500 dollars this month for my vacation
next year, I'm 'forced' to have it entirely in one or the other
accounts. Or I can do various convoluted schemes (e.g. Assets:Fixed
Deposit:Vacation and Assets:Savings:Vacation) which wouldn't give me
an overview of Vacation.

Perhaps this is a limiting factor for double-entry accounting?