Is there a way to "Clear all contents/delete all transactions" for a fresh start?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Nov 4 15:42:02 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Fri, November 4, 2016 3:20 pm, John Ralls wrote:

[snip]
>> It's too bad that it's sent as a signal...  I don't know how to handle
>> that race condition.  Is there some other signal that would signify that
>> we're NOT going to receive one,?  Or can we "solve" the race by making
>> an
>> assumption that the signal would arrive within some (short) period of
>> time?
>>
>> I guess this is a bad assumption by Apple that apps default the opening
>> empty.
>
> Sort of, there's also applicationShouldOpenEmptyFile and
> applicationOpenEmptyFile, presumably sent if there is no file indicated by
> LaunchServices.

Hmm...  So COULD we start up and wait for SOME signal from LaunchServices?
 Maybe we block for a few seconds before falling back?

> No, it's a mismatch between the way startup is managed in Cocoa and Gtk+.
> Unsurprisingly neither AppKit nor Gtk is designed with integration between
> the two in mind.

One would think that some of the integration would have considered it.

What does GIMP do on Mac?  We're not the only gtk app ported.

> Regards,
> John Ralls

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745