OFX import problem

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Nov 6 16:03:06 EST 2016

On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 07:03:41 -0800
John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> Yes, <FITID> is the transaction id and it must be unique within the
> account. It appears that the new merged CU has reset the FITID
> counter on you; it seems quite possible that you already had an
> FITID=1 in the account from the pre-merger CU. That would stop
> GnuCash from importing the new transactions because it would think
> that it has already imported them. Try creating a new account and
> transferring the balance from the old one to it. You'll have to
> re-train the matcher.

Worse than that - the <FITID> 1 is the first in any download file,
regardless of the date from which I request the download starts.
The newest item is now <FITID> 1, so the item which was <FITID> 1
yesterday is <FITID> 2 today.

I've already sent an email with quotation from the standard, politely
pointing out that if they asked the software developers to produce
standards compliant software, they have failed, and need to fix it.

Who is going to say that they accept stuff which is not compliant with
standards?

Liz