Problem w/current Price of TXN

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Nov 8 10:27:10 EST 2016

> On Nov 8, 2016, at 5:42 AM, Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com> wrote:
>
> I have been out of town...
>
> To update everyone TXN is Texas Instruments Inc. the acronym I used COM is indeed Close of Market as indicated by Maf King.
>
> I tried editing TXN with the Security Editor, as suggested by Ken Farley, and set TXN to Multiple and chose USA, but that does not seem to yield the correct total.
>
> How do I see the values that are being returned by the Price Editor Tool? So I can be sure that they are what I am expecting.

To see exactly what GnuCash gets, use
 echo '(yahoo "TXN")' | gnc-fq-helper
For the last I get:
(("TXN" (symbol . "TXN") (gnc:time-no-zone . "2016-11-04 15:00:00") (last . 67.60) (currency . "USD")))
I get no response from fool or morningstar.

Interestingly, the 5-day chart on http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/TXN?p=TXN <http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/TXN?p=TXN> shows no prices for yesterday. It also shows only 3 days: part of friday, yesterday (with just a straight line between friday's close and today's open), and today. TXN's competitor INTC displays correctly and F::Q returns a 15-minute delayed price instead of Friday's close. It seems that Yahoo! has a problem specifically with TXN. Neither fool, morningstar, nor yahoo_json return anything, and canada, usa, nasdaq, nyse, vanguard, and fidelity are all just aliases for yahoo.

Regards,
John Ralls