- Novice Question.

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Nov 12 02:51:20 EST 2016

On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 16:19:43 +1100
"Owen Carlton" <ocar23 at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Under Assets, I notice the numbers for the Assets Sub Accounts have
> not changed from the 30/09/2016 Opening Balances and there is a new
> Account (Imbalance-AUD) which has contains a figure of $14,713.
>

> I cannot determine what has caused this to appear like this and cannot
> determine how that figure has been arrived at.

Without going through all the details, the basic problem is that you
are yet to understand double entry accounting.
Download the Tutorial and Concepts guide
start reading
make up some test accounts and put numbers in and out to practice what
you learn.

Come back after that and ask more questions.

http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-guide.pdf

Liz