Gnucash install problem

annapolishome nshust1 at reagan.com
Sun Nov 13 16:02:29 EST 2016

recently move Gnucash from one macOS to another.  now running macOS Sierra.
downloaded the latest version from the Gnucash website and it does not
appear to be installed in the system.  when I open the .dmg it doesn't go
through an installation process or doesn't seem to.  when I click on the
Gnucash in the .dmg package it just opens.  when I look for a Gnucash
directory the find command tells me there is no such file or directory.  I
installed finance quote, or so I thought, but when I open Gnucash and go to
price editor the 'quote update' button is greyed out.  I am doing something
wrong?