gnucash-user Digest, Vol 164, Issue 15

John Angelico talldad at kepl.com.au
Sun Nov 13 16:52:32 EST 2016

Hi Owen, a lurking accountant here, using GC at a minimal level for some
voluntary work.

If you have entered your cheques as they are  drawn, and then conducted
your bank reconciliation to produce an unpresented cheques list, then
the Register balance for your Bank Account (aka the Asset Account in the
Balance Sheet) will already be where you want it to be as if everything
had been presented.

Why would you want to use an Unpresented Cheques list to repeat that? It
seems to be an unnecessary step altogether.

Regards
John Angelico