What happens to expenses/drawings if I choose not to close books?

EasyGoingPat patrickskelton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 10:58:39 EST 2016

Hi,

(The following refers to a Sole Trader, not Limited company.)

I have just been reading the help for the GnuCash Close Book tool.  It
states that it is unnecessary to close the books at the end of a financial
period, and indeed seems to recommend *not* doing so.

But, since the Expenses-Drawings account is just another expense account and
does not appear to be special in any way, how does cash taken out of the
business affect Owner's Equity, which I believe it should do?

As always, my thanks to anyone taking the time to help.

Kind wishes ~ Patrick