"Average cost" report price source gone wild?

Stefan Soeffing soeffing at gmx.de
Sat Nov 19 07:17:30 EST 2016

All,

I'm trying to find the best way of reporting foreign currencies in my
balances. For testing I made a very simple example (see gnucash file
attached):

1) Move USD 100 from checkings into "Cash EUR" account
(assuming rate 1.00 => EUR 100)

2) Move EUR 99.9 from "Cash EUR" to Expense account
(exchange rate 0.9 => ~USD 110)

Now creating the balance report: With price source "average cost"
selected, the exchange rate is calculated to EUR 1 = USD 999 ?!

For "average cost" I had expected simpy EUR 1 = USD 1 in this example -
is this a bug or is my understanding terribly wrong here?

Thanks a lot!
- Stefan

PS: I tried to post this via the gmane newsgroup but it didn't seem to
get through. If it should go through later on I apologize for double
posting...