GnuCash Column Width

Cheryl Wheeler c_wheeler_2002 at yahoo.ca
Sun Nov 20 09:38:03 EST 2016

Yes, I read it. In particular, this:

> A column can also be resized to fit the data by double clicking in the
> column header.

If you are referring to the special nature of the Description column,
well, I didn't even have the Description column displayed.

Example: I have some account names that are longer than the current
width of the Accounts column. I double-click the Accounts column header.
The width doesn't change, but the tab re-sorts by the account name
twice, once for each click. I displayed the Description column and
tested again; no difference. I double-clicked on the Description column
header. The tab re-sorted twice by Description, and column width did not
change. I would expect it to get wider, because I have a lot of blank
space to the right of my right-most column.

Basically, double-clicks seem not to be detected in the column header on
my machine. Double-clicking works elsewhere in GnuCash, though.