Account selection lists

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Nov 20 09:49:38 EST 2016

> On Nov 20, 2016, at 4:35 AM, Bernie Ledwick <bernie at ledwick.me.uk> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> Thanks for that. If that is the case, then maybe the facility drag and drop
> to or form the account tab instead. Just a thought, but I guess looking at
> the lack of existing drag and drop facilities, maybe this wouldn't be
> possible either?
>
> Anyhow, GnuCash is still a cracking product. Thanks to all involved.

Bernie,

Drag and drop should be possible. The cell editors in both the account page would need to be enabled for it and configured to send and receive the right sort of content. None of the development team will have the time to work on this anytime soon, but feel free to submit a patch or pull request.

In the meantime you might reconsider  your objection to using the keyboard. After all, you just typed the transaction's description, you're going to have to type the amount, and if you use the tab key instead of the mouse to move between cells then your hands stay on the keyboard and you can select desired account more quickly than you possibly could with a mouse regardless of whether you had a tree-view or a list-view.

Regards,
John Ralls