Customers and Jobs

Benjamin Soffer (SLF) bsoffer at soffer-law.com
Sun Nov 20 16:06:33 EST 2016

Hello,

I have "customers" and for any given customer I have one or more "jobs."
When I create a new job, I indicate which customer is the "owner" of that
job.  When I book a new invoice, I "select" the customer from the drop-down
list of all active customers and then I "select" the applicable job.  Even
though each job is already associated with (related to) a particular
customer, the jobs drop-down menu displays ALL the active jobs (even those
not owned by the selected customer).  It seems to me that the job selection
should be limited only to the active jobs owned by the selected customer.
Also, if I make a customer "inactive," the software does not automatically
deactivate the jobs for that customer, which I would expect it would do.  In
addition, while I can run a "customer listing" and check the boxes to make
customers active or inactive, there does not appear to be a similar feature
for manually deactivating jobs (which, as I said, I think should happen
automatically when the customer is made inactive and not require manual
deactivation).  Instead, I have to "search" all jobs, select each one in
order and deactivate them.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Ben Soffer