Any suggestions for UK businesses - program seems quite American

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Fri Nov 25 13:45:27 EST 2016

On 11/25/2016 9:13 AM, Dr. David Kirkby - Kirkby Microwave Ltd wrote:

> The business account for my company
>
> * Pays no interest - some business accounts might, but mine does not.
> * Does have a cheque book, although I have never used it.
> * Has a debit card, in which one can make transactions just as any
> normal debit card
> * No overdraft facility - easy to get if I wanted one, but I don't
> have the need.
> * Can transfer money from the current account, to other customers
> accounts, given their account number etc.
> * Does allow transfers to be made in other currencies, although the
> currency of the bank account is GBP.
a) In the old days, used to be common (business accounts) to be paid
interest but be charged fees for checks and deposits. I'm old enough to
remember that. Nowadays often different. May pay interest, may be charge
fees (if balance falls below some specified amount).
b) has a check book
c) these days usually has a "debit card"
d) I addressed this with you off line as our "overdraft" provision
usually quite different than UK
e) not sure what you mean by "other customers". Here you can specify an
"electronic check" if your know the destination routing number and
account number or authorize an electronic draw (one time or on a
regular schedule). No need to be accounts at the same bank, which is why
I am confused by "customer".
f) almost always a stiff fee plus percentage for this making impractical
for small amounts

Michael D Novack