Add a little extra information about a sale.

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 03:48:54 EST 2016

My company produces mainly vector network analyzer calibration kits. Some
time *after* a sale is made, I would like the ability to add a few bits of
information,  which would help my business

* The serial number(s) of the kit(s) dispatched to the customer.
* The courier & tracking number(s).
* Whether the kit is dispatched in part or complete and on what date(s). if
it is dispatched on two dates, which is sometimes the case, only one
payment will be made. The payment is not split.

I appreciate that this information is not really accountancy information,
but it is all things that allow me to determine if the sale has been
"completed".

I realise that I could put this information in a spreadsheet,  but it would
be better not have to store such information separately, since it is all
directly related to the sale. Clearly if someone has paid for an item,  but
it has not been sent,  they could well create an eBay or PayPal dispute,
which then freezes the funds.  So it would have a negative impact on
finances.

Dr David Kirkby
Managing Director
Kirkby Microwave Ltd
Registered office: Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3
6DT, United Kingdom
Registered in England and Wales as company number 08914892
http://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Tel 07910 441670 / +44 7910 441670 (0900-2100 GMT)