Re: Debit vs. Credit for bank (inconsistency with what I see on bank website)

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Nov 30 10:48:09 EST 2016

Banks show you your accounts from their perspective , not yours.  from your perspective the bank account is an asset.  but from their side it's a liability.  that's why it looks reversed.  because it is.

This is the number one reason mere mortals get so confused about debits and credits.

-derek

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.