Is the description of "Common Accounts" in Account wizard accurate or confusing?

Dr. David Kirkby - Kirkby Microwave Ltd drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Wed Nov 30 13:18:00 EST 2016

I was trying to set up some accounts using the wizard, or to give it the name in
the software "New Account Hierarchy Setup", and see "Common Accounts", where it
says

"Most users will want to select this set of accounts. It includes most commonly
used accounts (checking, savings, cash, debit card, income, common expenses).

The fact it is already ticked, and ones told most users will want them, sort of
suggests they should be left. Yet, from reading the book "Gnucash 2.4 Small
Business Accounting", it says you don't need these for a business. IMHO, it
should be better if the description stated this.

As a minor point, I thing there should be an "and" in the description too.

"It includes most commonly used accounts (checking, savings, cash, debit card,
income *AND* common expenses)"

Dave

--
Dr. David Kirkby Ph.D CEng MIET