Can't get new credit card account to import ***.qfx file

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 02:27:57 EDT 2016

Colin,
Having been through this myself not too long ago, I know that the cc company will freeze the original account and transfer the valid balance to a new account. To match the books with the card, it is cleaner to set up a new account, IMO.
David

  On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 1:27, Colin Law<clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:   On 3 October 2016 at 19:59, The Geek [Zorin OS 10 64amd]
<jjkavaky at gmail.com> wrote:

> Howdy:
>
>      This is the first time that I have emailed to this group.
>
>      I have been using gnucash for several years now and have run into a
> problem
>
>      I use gnucash to track credit cards and some other things.
>

>      Recently I was notified that one of my credit cards may have been
> compromised so they sent me
>      a new credit card.
>
>        I have tracked all of my credit cards by creating an account for each
> one.  I created a new-credit-card
>      account just like I have done in the past.

Why create a new account?  Is it not the same account just with a new card?

Colin