how to edit ofx file with sed editor? Replace Copy FITID

LinforPros linforpros at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 01:35:35 EDT 2016

Hello Chris. The script works as advertise (the new one that you just
uploaded, ofx.txt).
The final output shows what I wanted to see: NAME populated with info that
occurs originally in FITID after the double "**".
Exellent.

You wondered what kind of awk I use. Here it is:

$ awk -V
GNU Awk 4.1.3, API: 1.1
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991-2015 Free Software Foundation.

$ cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora release 23 (Twenty Three)

$ uname -a
Linux main 4.7.2-101.fc23.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 26 15:59:00 UTC 2016 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ awk --help |grep -i "\-d\["
	-d[file]		--dump-variables[=file]
	-D[file]		--debug[=file]

I thought this was some kind of a standard. But Ubuntu must have something
else.
You said there was no -D that awk would understand....

-----
regards
Lin