Average Balance Report

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 08:17:30 EDT 2016

Hello,

I thought I’d dig into describing a few reports on the Using Gnucash wiki page, and started working on the “Average Balance” report. However, I ran into some difficulty. Could someone explain this report to me? I am curious, because it doesn’t really look like it shows averages of balances; rather, it appears to me to show the monthly value of Equity, as represented by the combination of Assets and Liabilities. If I am right, then is this report appropriately named? Would it be more correct to call it “Monthly Equity” or something similar? If I am misunderstanding, then I appreciate being set straight.

Thanks,
David