Advanced Portfolio Report

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 11:35:20 EDT 2016

Hello,

I was looking at the description on the GnuCash Wiki for the Advanced Portfolio report (http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Using_GnuCash#Advanced_Portfolio <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Using_GnuCash#Advanced_Portfolio>). It reads as follows:

"The Advanced Portfolio report produces reports using price information collected by the optional stock price retrieval features of GnuCash. (If you have not installed and used the additional stock price retrieval software, the report will indicate an error.)”

I am curious to know if the statement regarding “optional stock retrieval features” is in fact true. Is it possible that this report will work with prices that are manually added, or does it truly only work with prices retrieved via Finance::Quote? Furthermore, is there any reason NOT to name Finance::Quote directly here?

Cheers,
David