how to track credit card rewards

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 19:38:06 EDT 2016

Hi. I want to set up an asset account to track credit card rewards, which
are probably similar to airline miles. They are not a currency or a
security but they have an exchange rate when they are earned or used.
I cannot call them a currency but calling them a stock seems to add too
much complication since they come and go frequently
Can I simply set up an account similar to a foreign currency account with a
fictional security name as the commodity and no actual security to buy or
sell?
This would be mainly to trigger the exchange rate feature so I can trade
100 Amazon Points for one Dollar off the bill

David C