How and when to use ....

gargameow lipchg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 12:06:39 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Just another separate list of questions.

1) In real life, I have 10k in my bank account.
So to use GNUCash, I create an entry in Equity > Open Balances (Increase
column) with Tranfers to Asset > Bank Savings account. Is that correct? When
do I use the decrease column in Open Balances?

2) When I borrow money from friends to buy a car, I have to create an entry
under Liabilities > Loans with amount put under "Increase" column, is that
correct?
For 'Transfer' column, what do I link it to?
1) Assets > checking account? or
2) Assets > bank saving accounts? or
3) Assets > cash on hands? or
4) Directly to Expenses > Car?