Searching past questions/ discussions

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Oct 26 14:40:34 EDT 2016

On Wednesday 26 October 2016 14:31:24 Solomon Deutsch wrote:
> I am totally new to GNU cash; I haven't even downloaded it yet.
> Thinking about moving a 35 MB Quicken file over, though.
>

> It seems like you guys use this email format.  Is there anywhere where
> I can search the email discussions that happened before I joined this
> list?  I am more used to forums, so this email format is new to me.

You can use google with a site specification like so:

my question site:lists.gnucash.org

The gnucash website used to have a search page, but the software driving
it is no longer supported. So google is the best alternative currently.

Or you can use nabble, which is a forum like front-end to many mailing
lists, including the gnucash ones. Note that if you want to post message
to the gnucash lists via nabble, you still need to be subscribed to the
list first with the e-mail address you provided to nabble.

Regards,

Geert