Bank accounts

Wm tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 3 02:58:05 EDT 2016

On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 15:10:15 +0100, in gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user,
David Stockle via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:

> Hi.
> Can you please tell me if I am able to enter future transactions into my
> account on gnucash.
> I need to do this so i can enter all my weekly/monthly/yearly transactions
> for the year ahead so I can see at a glance how much money is in my account
> at any date within the forthcoming year.

I do this on a grand scale using scheduled transactions.

The key is not to worry too much about exact amounts too far in the future
and to use an appropriate "create in advance" period, e.g. 3 months for
utility bills, 1 month for salary, 1 year for insurance.

where I don't know the exact amount until closer to the event I make an
intelligent guess and put "(allow)" at the end of the description and then
adjust to the exact amount when I do know.

--
Wm