QFX import problem and work around, possible bug or new feature?

gbguy ereeder at mailup.net
Tue Sep 6 20:36:50 EDT 2016

Hope this of use to someone.  I wrote a gawk script (awkqfx) that strips out
the <CATEGORY> and <MEMO>null lines.  This is for DOS, Windows 10.  I
changed the PATH variable to find both gawk and my CMD file.

@ECHO OFF
REM DOS CMD file that removes <CATEGORY> and <MEMO>null lines from QFX files
REM
REM It's been twenty years since I wrote an awk program, wish I remembered
how to put in a null
REM action so that I didn't have the {x += 1} statements :-)
REM
REM Example use: awkqfx < ORIGFILE.QFX > EDITEDFILE.QFX

gawk "{if ($1 ~ /.CATEGORY./) {x += 1} else if ($1 ~ /.MEMO.null/) {x += 1}
else print $1}"