migrating from Windows 7 to OSX-El Cap

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 04:22:57 EDT 2016

On 7 September 2016 at 01:25, Robert Comey
<westwindenvironmental at gmail.com> wrote:
> Colin-
>
> When I open the files on the thumb drive on the windows machine using File>Open I am also getting zero values for all accounts categories and subcategories. Interestingly, when I open the same file from the GnuCash folder, the correct values are there

I think that it is likely that it is not, in fact, the same file.

, HOWEVER the access date for every access to GnuCash is always the
same, 5/15/2014, and not the present date of access. Looks like my
data is living somewhere else…any clue on how to determine where and
redirect to the GnuCash folder?
> Note that all the log files also show the original date I built and installed GnuCash, eg. WWE-GnuCashAccounting.gnucash.20140515161549.log

Open your working accounts and click File > Save As and save the file
under a new name on the thumb drive.  Then use File > Open to re-open
the original (in case you go back to the PC again). Transfer the thumb
to the new machine and open the file there, using File > Open again.
Assuming all is now well then use File > Save As to save it in a
suitable place on the new machine.

Colin