Recording Inventory for retail sale and manufacturing

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 7 10:46:16 EDT 2016

Hi Sarah,

"Sarah Oloya" <sarah.oloya at waribe.net> writes:

> Hi All,
>

> I have a business that processes and also sells finished products. I am
> trying to setup accounts in GnuCash, but inventory account for businesses
> such as mine seem to be difficult to find. Can anyone help to me the right
> direction?

Unfortunately GnuCash really doesn't have an Inventory subsystem.
You can fake it by using Stocks for your inventory widgets.
Or you can just track your Inventory Value in Asset accounts.

Hope this helps,